1. Unplug the power supply from behind the printer.
2. Tape down the top lid where you scan your documents.
3. Open the printer where you gain access to the printers ink.
4. Notice the two vertical supports.
5. See picture . The black arrows are pointing to the location where you need to use the flathead screwdriver to push these metal pins out.
6. See picture and observe the green rectangle. Before removing the springs, place one hand on the lid (See picture with purple tracing on where you put your hand) and while using your other hand pull these springs downward and towards you to remove.
7. See picture and observe the blue arrow. The Lithium ion / CMOS battery is located on the left side of the printer. Remove the battery by utilizing the pinnose pliers.