Stunnel setup (Windows)
1) Download Stunnel from www.stunnel.org/download/binaries.html and install the program.
After installation, go to Start -> Programs -> Stunnel -> Service Install. A confirmation message stating the service has been installed.
2) Go to Start -> Programs ->Stunnel -> Edit stunnel.conf. Make the following changes:
Find “;client = yes” and remove the semicolon
then go to the bottom of the file and add the following
accept = 563
connect = ssl.usenet-news.net:563
3) Save these changes and close stunnel.conf.
4) Go to Start -> Programs -> Stunnel -> Service Start or “Run Stunnel”. The program’s icon should appear in the taskbar.
1) Right click your server your using. Located on the left panel. Select Server Properties. Change the server address to “127.0.0.1” or “localhost” without the quotes.
2) Change Port to 563
3) Click Ok
Verifying Stunnel is working correctly.
1) Start downloading a file using Grabit
2) Hover your mouse over the Stunnel icon and a message should appear saying “x session(s) is active” x is the number of connection made to your newsgroup provider.
Today I received a text message from T-mobile saying if I forward this text message to 10 other people I will be credited $20. However, there was a phone number attached to it. The phone number is 323-273-1226. I asked myself, T-Mobile usually will only attach a 3 digit number if they were to automate this process. So I called T-mobile and the customer representative (CS)Â informed me that it was spam and I politely asked the CS if she can credit my account. The quick thinking and kind CS was able to do just that.
Here’s the message in full.
– Fwd: T-MOBILE-FREE-MSG. Attention! All T-Mobile Customers send this message to ten people and T-Mobile will credit your account $20!
I created a circuit that utilizes a LM555 and an 4017 that will tell the user when to start brushing a different area. Each led will be on for 30 secs.
Minimum 5v power supply
Three weeks ago my Seagate 120gb hard drive started to act up. The startup process slowed drastically and gaining access to the hard drive was slow as well. I performed the typical troubleshooting, using tools such as chkdsk and seagate tools with no avail. It was imperative that I gain access to this drive due to the fact I have important information on it and I haven’t perform a recent backup. I was contemplating on whether to take my drive to a data recovery specialist but that will be costly. So I’ve searched the web and found two software solutions that repair bad sectors, HDD Regenerator and SpinRite. It was important that I gather more information on the two products and determine which software was the better choice. HDD Regenerator would ultimately be my choice. So I started HDD Regenerator at sector zero (0) and within a five minutes it found a bad sector and recovered it. After three weeks it finally completed and I was able to gain access to the drive.
1.Run HDD Regenerator
2.Start at sector zero (0)
3.Let it run and check it in the morning or every 12 hours. If it hasn’t completed then write down the sector its at in case of a power lost.
1. Unplug the power supply from behind the printer.
2. Tape down the top lid where you scan your documents.
3. Open the printer where you gain access to the printers ink.
4. Notice the two vertical supports.
5. See picture . The black arrows are pointing to the location where you need to use the flathead screwdriver to push these metal pins out.
6. See picture and observe the green rectangle. Before removing the springs, place one hand on the lid (See picture with purple tracing on where you put your hand) and while using your other hand pull these springs downward and towards you to remove.
7. See picture and observe the blue arrow. The Lithium ion / CMOS battery is located on the left side of the printer. Remove the battery by utilizing the pinnose pliers.
I noticed that I’m getting a ‘scanner failure’ message every time I’ve used the scanner function. To temporarily solve this problem, I did the following
1. Remove the cmos battery. Howto
2. Plugged the power supply into a power strip that has a switch to turn off power. Reason: So you’ll be able to turn off the power from the power strip instead of unplugging the power supply from the wall all the time.
3. Disable ink level checking for both black and color. To do this, when you turn on the power from the printer. It should say Initializing. When it’s done and it says the date. Press the left and right arrows at the same time. Then press the numbers 456. It should then ask you a Yes or No question. Press the number that says Yes. Then you’ll press the two arrow keys again and this time you’ll press numbers 789. A Yes or No question will appear and again you’ll press the number that corresponds with Yes.
Sometimes this procedure doesn’t work and you’ll be required to remove the power supply from behind the printer. Once unplugged, wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
2.Press and hold down CLK button.
3.Press the up/tune button.
Problem: Paper does not feed and remains in the paper tray. The roller does not catch the paper yet the roller is operating as though it wants to feed the paper.
My Solution: Invert the rubber
My other possible solutions are: Replace the rubber. Heat the rubber over a candlelight. Find a way to clean the rubber so itâ€™s in a new state.
Materials: (2) Philip screwdrivers (1) Flathead screwdriver
Disclaimer: If you mess up or break your printer itâ€™s not my fault. Lexmark with NOT replace or repair your printer because of my instructions.
E-mail me your address and I’ll send you the full instructions on how I did it.
No listing or closing fees from Yahoo Auctions. It’s about time Yahoo did this. In my opinion, I feel they can now compete with Ebay since they took away those fees. My prediction is that Ebay will either reduce their fees or go to a no listing or closing fees.Yahoo Auctions
I received two of the three dvds I requested within two days. The third dvd didn’t arrived until the third day. Which I was okay with.